Jetta TDI - Injector Pump "Security" bolt

I've got a 96 Jetta, TDI. The gasket is leaking around the injector pump head but there is a triangular shaped security bolt (on the left front corner of the head of the injector pump) that defies coming loose.

I purchased a set of gaskets, seals and 0-rings that came with the "adapter" tool for removing it but it was made of soft metal and stripped out at the first go. Inquiries to the seller about a replacement or where I can buy a real adapter or socket have gone unanswered... I've yet to find it on the internet, but then not knowing what to call it is a bit of a hinderance...

rnc

Reply to
roger paxton

see part MN3001 is my guess.

Reply to
Jim Behning

Metal Nerd -

- makes high quality aftermarket VW tools. You'll find it listed on his site under "Specialty Bits and Drivers", Part MN3001 - Specialty Socket for Triangular Head Bolts, $23 + shipping.

Drop into TDI Club -

- plenty of information of repairing and maintaining your TDI. I beleive they have a PDF file showing the procedure for replacing IP seals without messing up the pump.

Todd Seattle,WA '86 GTI, Red of course. (exciting racey car) 270,000 miles '01 Golf TDI, silver. (new work car) 230,000 miles '87 Golf, Polar Silver. (retired work car) 654,000 miles

Reply to
racertod