Just a suggestion. Manuals to Download...

Hi, I have a few PDF Files for some of the VW range.. My question is, What are the legalities, concerning me uploading them on a website, for people to download?

I personally dont have a problem with sharing them, and i dont fancy emailing 101 people the files.

Thanks

Reply to
VW Internet

It's probably dodgy. If they are VW manuals, then VW will be copyright holders and you could find yourself in trouble for distributing copies.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

"VW Internet" wrote> Hi,

If you are going to do that you are better off and safer using the newsgroup binary groups instead of your website by downloading a (free download) of XNews or Power-Post or Forte Agent and using alt.binaries.e-book.technical Then posting that they are there.

Harry

Reply to
Harry

On the Ramva Index we have a few VW parts fiche cards uploaded for general viewing and printing.

Just check the front and back pages for copyright notices, that should tell you if you're looking for a lawsuit from VW or not.

Who wrote them?

Gaz

Reply to
Gaz Pike

Chris Hi, A lot of them dont have copyright notices, but i guess someone has converted them to PDF, so i guess they must have omitted the notices.

Reply to
VW Internet

Hi Harry, Good point. And besides NG's i know are a lot faster than websites.

alt.binaries.e-book.technical

Reply to
VW Internet

Gaz Hi, Many have just been collated by somebody, and have no company name on them. Some of the others are Haynes, which i know are copyrighted. I have never heard of the Ramava index, how do i access the service?

Reply to
VW Internet

Gaz

Reply to
Gaz Pike

Send them all to me, and I should be able to tell you if they came from VWoA or not.

Reply to
Lost In Space/Woodchuck

Yeah sure, Would you like my credit card details as well ?

Reply to
VW Internet

Reply to
VW Internet

Sure... it's Christmas! Or you can just use your credit card on my PayPal account....

Reply to
Lost In Space/Woodchuck

I just used it and it didn't work. This does though,

is the actual URL. I'll have to see why the TK link isn't working for me.

Gaz

Reply to
Gaz Pike

Seeing as this is a watercooled VW group, it's sorta pointless to point to an AIR cooled oriented website, isn't it?

Reply to
wkearney99

"wkearney99" schreef in bericht news:KcSdnRhMp9Lc9QHenZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@speakeasy.net...

It's cross posted... AIRcooled ánd WATERcooled

Reply to
bug '59

It might well be, but had you looked at the cross postings list the originator used, you'd see it also came to the aircooled group. So stick that in your radiator and boil it, what ever that is.

Gaz

Reply to
Gaz Pike

You must have been mildy interested to click on it. and even more interested in wasting time by commenting.

Reply to
VW Internet

Lost in space woodchuck, Why what junk are u selling, like most people?

Reply to
VW Internet

I just went over there out of curiosity. I noticed somebody posted a Haynes manual for the Golf 3 in PDF.

P.M.

Reply to
P.M.

"P.M." wrote

It is not an Golf 3 but an A2. I downloaded it with the intention of deleting out of curiousity since I own them. (most all of the Haynes) I don't know now - it is text searchable - since I own it I might keep it for a quick keyword search.

Harry

Reply to
Harry