Just bought 96 Jetta

I just bought a 96 Jetta for my daughter. Problems: the power door locks, power sunroof and interior lights don't work. Previous owner said that they all quit working at the same time and it was "probably a fuse." I can't find any blown fuses. There is power to the sunroof switch and power to the motor in all three switch positions. I can't seem to find power to the central lock switch on the dashboard or the interior lights. Don't have a Bentley manual yet so where can I start looking for thses problems?

Mike

Reply to
MChamb8660

You need a 12 volt tester and some basic electronic troubleshooting experience. You don't need a manual when it comes to electricity.

Reply to
Peter Parker

Sunroof and the lights above the windshield are on fuse #16. The rest of the interior lights are on #21. If I'm reading the schematic correctly, the air pump that controls the locks is also on #21.

A DMM should work ok. Just be aware that a high resistance connection won't necessarily show up with just a voltage test at the end of the wire. If the circuit is loaded and you make the voltage check, that should work fine.

Well, unless you want a schematic. You'd be silly to want that tho'.

Mark '95 Jetta GLS

Reply to
Mark Randol