KYB

anyone like the kyb gr-2 struts? i was thinking about putting them on my jetta. who makes the factory ones?

Reply to
charles holder

Not here. Kyb's are good for aircooleds but I'd go with boge (or better) for the jetta. I always liked kyb when I was into aircooleds but they just don't last with watercooleds and I didn't like them even when they were new on my golf. If you really want to go nuts, get bilstein sports, h&r springs and vr6 strut mounts - you will love the handling (unless you like a buick-type ride then you might hate it).

Reply to
John Rutledge

|on my golf. If you really want to go nuts, get bilstein sports, h&r springs |and vr6 strut mounts - you will love the handling (unless you like a |buick-type ride then you might hate it).

I wonder if the aftermarket strut mounts for VR6 are as good as VW mounts. I see Moog lists

1985-1999 VR6 Moog K9583 $46.54 ea Gabriel 142444 $37.15 Monroe 902906 $37.84

exc. VR6 Moog K9592 $37.26 ea Gabriel 142092 $29.21 Monroe 901904 $25.13

Any other choices at maybe better prices? Rex in Fort Worth

Reply to
Rex B

I paid $85 usd for the complete vr6 upper strut mount conversion kit from

That's comparable in price to whatever else is out there and you don't have to worry about the service and support, if the person that sells you the part knows vw's or not, or if the part is junk.

Reply to
John Rutledge

|I paid $85 usd for the complete vr6 upper strut mount conversion kit from |

That's comparable in price to whatever else is out there |and you don't have to worry about the service and support, if the person |that sells you the part knows vw's or not, or if the part is junk.

What does the kit contain besdies the mounts? Are the VR6 mounts not a bolt-in replacement? Rex in Fort Worth

Reply to
Rex B

Yeah, it's just a bolt in - mounts, bearings, nuts and stuff. Just give Mike a call at parts4vws and he can get you exactly what you need for your application.

Reply to
John Rutledge