LEAKING GAS TANK SCIROCCO & CABRIOLET

I've met quite a few people who still have this problem. You may not expect this response, but BRING IT TO THE DEALER. Many scirocco's and cab's may suffer from this problem 1987-93, but it is still a RECALL. Bought my $900 Scirocco 16v with more than 200K on the non-working ODO, had leaking gas tank. After I replaced the head gasket and all sensors and bad grounds, I found it was leaking gas. It was leaking from the tank, from the upper seam weld - should be quite apparent. This was a safety concern. I brought it to Capital Cities Volkswagen, and they said they'd take care of it. I was counting on paying for parts at the very least, but they saw it as the original recall order and did EVERYTHING free of charge. Now, I have a new gas tank, and, as far as I can tell, they did a good job on dis- and re- assembly. So, all of you A1 owners affected by the recall, please go to the dealer. Especially if it appears to be the original gas tank, they may have no choice but to treat it as a recall item. Nobody wants to get sued b/c or an exposive gas tank or the like. And you don't really want to take down the rear axle yourself, do you???? Good luck ladies and gents........

Reply to
Willie78

wonder why the past owners were to lazy to get it done. Recalls NEVER expire!

Reply to
Lost In Space/Woodchuck