Leatherette & kids

I am cursed with children, who's mother insists on feeding them and giving them fluids on occasion.

My current car has a cloth interior, and it now vaguely resembles an old tie-dye shirt I used to have.

I'm thinking about a Passat, and I like the looks of the leatherette - any kid-wranglers out there that have war-stories about it's durability? The material is nice looking, but I'm suspicious of it's long-term wear and those perforations (where milk can escape into...)

Reply to
Patrick Owen

In my opinion, the best material to use if you are concerned about children destroying your car's interior is latex. But you don't use it to cover your seats...

Reply to
Kent

Get real leather, un-perforated. There's a reason why my parents tolerated a black leather interior when me and my brother were growing up (and they still have that car) and it wasn't because they loved to be hot in the summer.

Reply to
Rob Guenther

It's more like you're cursed with a wife that is a slob. There's absolutely no reason why kids HAVE to be eating or sucking on something ALL THE TIME. I bet both her and the kids are over weight.

As to car interiors; choose one with cheapest plastic covers. or make covers (Auto upholstery shop) for the Passat.

Sorry for the rant!.

Reply to
Tony

Kids are fat enough without stuffing their gobs while in the car. Get out and walk their fat asses to a table.

Most newer seats are perforated for comfort's sake. This makes for a lot of trouble when stuff is spilled on them. God help you if one of those ankle-biters spills milk on the seats. The smell never goes away.

Reply to
wkearney99

Actually, my son has Autism, and is quite a challenge to control. Giving him food or drink while in the vehicle helps calm him and provides us with some leverage to offer him rewards for improved behavior. My 2-year old daughter is typical, and my wife is attractive and full of patience for dealing with people who are insensitive and boorish about our situation. She would forgive you instantly for your crass assumptions and smarmy comments.

I on the other hand would be more likely to break your nose if you said those things to my face.

Unlikely - I think you rather enjoyed it. I hope you'll rethink these kind of comments in the future.

Reply to
Patrick Owen

Are you capable of answering a question without coming across like a judgmental prick? If so, please do so.

Reply to
Tony Bad

No excuses for the unsavory comments directed to your wife and children, but I doubt anyone really intended any personal insults warranting fisticuffs. All in all, this is a remarkably civil group of folks. That said, you did invite some light-hearted spouse and progeny bashing with an opening line like, "I am cursed with children, who's mother insists on feeding them and giving them fluids on occasion." Boys will be boys, and you can't have a high expectation of civil behavior in such an impersonal forum.

Reply to
Kent

And likewise take your own advice.

Reply to
wkearney99

Please re-read thread genius.

A rather innocuous question about seats inspired you to comment on the physical attributes of someone's children. THAT is being judgmental. Do you know the man? His wife? His children? What made you feel qualified to call his kids fat asses because they may have something to eat in the car? Did you ever eat in the car? Do you have a fat ass? See how much we don't know about each other yet are so quick to throw out rather nasty comments?

My calling you a prick because you acted like a prick was being observant, not judgmental.

Get the difference.

No go behave yourself.

Reply to
Tony Bad