License Plate Help!

I just got a brand new 2007 VW Beetle and I have no idea how to put on the license plate. There's two holes that don't match up with the plate holes and the car came with a black plastic thing but I don't know how to install it either. Any help??

Reply to
LiberalArtsMajor

Ask your dealer for an appropriate bracket. In fact ask them to put it on.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Oops, I see they did give you the bracket. I would guess they would be happy to put it on for you after you just bought the car. It should not be too difficult, but it is one of those things that is likely to be a little different from one style bracket to another and they may have even given you the wrong bracket for a NB or maybe for a 2007.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

If it's the same bracket I'm familiar with (I used a NB bracket on my Eurovan), you drill two holes in the bumper, slightly smaller than the pegs on the bracket. Then press the bracket into the holes via the pegs. Then screw the (hopefully supplied) screws into the bracket and they will spread the pegs wider so the bracket can't be pulled off. Then screw your plate to the bracket.

Reply to
Matt B.