Lifespan of a 91 passat

Hi all,

I own a 1991 2.0l GLS Passat, so far it has 200,000km (approx

130,000miles). any idea what the expected lifespan would be ? Does it have many miles left ?

THks,

I had a '92. barely made it to 165,000 miles, with THREE heads, numerous head gaskets, electrical problems, leaks, and who knows.

Now that I've scared you, odds are yours is OK, I bought mine well used and cheap. Found out later it was bought back THREE times by VW under lemon laws! And still it made it that far, and was running OK when I sold it. ( don't know about the day after)

MOst are pretty good, but the electricals can be a bear. Mechanically, the 2.0 16V engine is very good ( except for mine), just be sure you change your timing belt and tensioner roller!

Ron/Champ 6

1963 8E5 Champ (Champ 6) 1962 Lark Daytona Convertible (Boomerang) 1995 VW Passat (Vanilla..yuk) 1994 Volvo 850 (Tilley)
Reply to
Ron /Champ 6

I had a 91 purchased new in Aug 91. Donated it to charity...still running..with 215K miles (346 KM) 6 months ago. Original clutch lasted

180k miles.

Your lifespan will vary based on the quality of maintenance and type of driving (and get ready for some mahor repairs that any car might need at that age)...

Reply to
deanh61

Reply to
ronh