Location of Engine Ground pts on 85 Vanagon

Hi All I had a shop do a pre-trip inspection and they say the 'Engine grounds' are poor where exactly are the engine grounding points on a 85 vanagon I would assume

1) is that battery ground 2) ???

thx

Reply to
TC

OK I will ans myselft

1) battery to body 2) tranny to body 3) fuse relay to panel 4) back of dash 5) sterring box hosuing 6) behind air vent 7) rear deck lid 8) fuel pump to x member 9) left side of cylinder head braid copper to ignition coil 10) lower bolt holding ignition coil to body

Reply to
TC

I had an 84 GTI. I think the engine was supposed to be grounded thru the motor mounts. That did not work well. A 12 gage jumper wire from a chassis screw to a bracket that was bolted to the engine block (air conditioner compressor bracket) worked wonders to stop various problems.

I first put a car jumper cable there temporarily to solve the problems and prove the cure. The wire was much neater than the temporary fix..

Reply to
Tom's VR6

Just curious...what various problems did you have? That could be useful information.

*MYSTIC*
Reply to
Mystic

It has been quite a while. I think it might have included engine cutting out and some meter erratic.

Reply to
Tom's VR6