Looking for info, buying a Jetta....

I am currently looking to purchase a VW Jetta diesel with an automatic transmission (lots of stop and go driving) Anyway, can you guys please let me know what a good price would be for a newer model diesel say from 2000 and up and which years if any I should stay away from. My diesel jetta i have now has

200,000 miles on it. It still runs strong but it's manual and I am just plain tired of using the clutch in stop and go traffic!!!
Reply to
AlanH70

Why not put an automatic in the one you have now?

Reply to
Chris Z.

Squeaks and rattles??? where..... not in my German built Golf 4 years old,

71400kms. The only thing that rattles is all my CDs in the glovebox.

price. You might want to check that

Reply to
Rob Guenther

'03 German-built Jetta Wagon with about 9,000 miles on it. Persistant small clunk from the front passenger's door, heard anytime you go over a curb cut or brake hard. Dealer says it's part of the door rubbing against the frame and "lubed" it. Of course, that's a ridiculous story. But I'll catch 'em on it again. A couple of minor rattles in the dashboard. Creaks from the suspension (even after replacing a bad shock absorber).

Before the Wagon, I had a '99.5 Jetta Sedan. In about 40,000 miles, I replaced the back brake lights frequently enough to carry spares. The alarm system decided to goof itself up and would arm the car while I was sitting in it. The crappy non-Monsoon radio would pop every time you turned it on, and AM reception was useless. Rattles and squeaks in that body and interior, too.

They just don't bolt 'em together like they used to...

sd

Reply to
sd

Jim B.