Looking for shift knob thread specs.

I'm thinking of making a custom shift knob for a friend for christmas, and am looking for the thread specifications. A web search has been less than fruitful-- any VW owners out there have the answer for me?

thanks, Paul

Reply to
Paul Hays

Can't help you much without knowing model, year, and transmission!

Reply to
Woodchuck

On Mon, 8 Dec 2003 14:15:20 -0800, Woodchuck wrote (in message ):

Doh! Its a 2 year old VW bug, manual transmission.

Reply to
Paul Hays

If its an old beetle, go to the aircooled group. rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Reply to
Eduardo Kaftanski

It's a pipe thread, isn't it? Whatever the case, what's the thread on my '89 Jetta? I'd like to shorten it a little.

Anyone know? Woodchuck? ;)

Darryl.

Reply to
Darryl

We used these in shop class, but they should be in the stores, little plastic pieces with all different threads on them that you match up into the grooves and it'll tell you what it is.

Reply to
Matt Anderson