Looking for wastegate actuator for TDI turbo

I have a 99 Jetta TDI that needs a waste gate actuator. VW sells only the whole turbo for around $1,000 and will not sell only the actuator. I called Garrett directly, they also wont sell just the actuator assembly which I find incredible. Checked E-Bay..nothing. Anyone have any thoughts? The turbo model is : 038253019A

Reply to
Jon Burrows

Have you tried tdiclub.com?

Reply to
Sir Spamalot

Since there were two different jetta models in 99 you should specify A3 or A4. But since your asking for a waste gate actuator you must have A3 because the A4's have a VNT turbo and not a waist gate. Like another poster mentioned try the tdi club. Also I think the 96-97 passat tdi's that we got had the same turbo. But if you do have the newer with the VNT turbo then move it by hand to free the vanes up, they can stick.

Joe R

99.5, new, a4, jetta tdi I've found when getting parts it's easier to say 2000.

Reply to
Joe R

Reply to
skydivertu