Lug spacing on 1990 Jetta Rims??

I have a set of OEM Rims, Graspic Snow tires (2000 ish miles), and OEM covers from a 1990 4 cylinder Jetta.

1) What is the Lug Spacing? 2) What years and makes of VW's and possibly other cars will these rims fit? 3) Any website I can reference to find this? 4) Anyone interested in them?

please e-mail me a copy of your response (remove the nospam)

Kevin

snipped-for-privacy@nospam.yahoo.com

Reply to
KARL HUNGUS

covers from a 1990 4 cylinder Jetta.

4x100

Any A2 or A1 based car. They'll fit 4-bolt A3s (non-VR6 models) but have a different offset.

Reply to
Matt B.

Thanks for the quick reply. On the A3's, will they basically fit all the 4 cylinder models? What is the difference and impact of having a differnet offset?

Kevin

Reply to
KARL HUNGUS

cylinder models?

Yes...because all the 4-bangers had 4x100 bolt spacing.

I don't remember the numbers for A1 and A2 vs. A3 so I forget which is which (narrower overall or wider overall), but the offset more or less nets out to how far apart the tire footprints are because of the distance between the wheel centerline and the hub it butts up against. But I don't remember if putting an A1/A2 rim on an A3 makes it wider or narrower than the OEM A3 rims.

Reply to
Matt B.

|I have a set of OEM Rims, Graspic Snow tires (2000 ish miles), and OEM |covers from a 1990 4 cylinder Jetta. |1) What is the Lug Spacing? |2) What years and makes of VW's and possibly other cars will these rims |fit? |3) Any website I can reference to find this? |4) Anyone interested in them?

4x100 is a very generic pattern. They fit Honda, among a lot of others.

Rex in Fort Worth

Reply to
Rex B