MAF sensor question

The '96 Cabrio MAF/Air Mass sensor part numbers are 0 280 217 117 (bosch),and 037 906 461 C (VW) I see new Bosch sensors selling on E Bay for anywhre from 50-75 bucks. except the part number is (or a variation of) 06A 906 461 A Both sensors arre designed for the 2.0 engine. Am I wrong to assume that these sensors are interchangeable????

Reply to
Nevermind

Will not work.

Reply to
Woodchuck

Thanks! Are *any* of these sensors interchagable,or do you have to use the exact part # only?

Reply to
Nevermind