Mass air flow sensor(MAF)

If you had problems with the MAF sensor like having it replaced or so. VW covers that retroactive. My daughter sent in the bill and they refunded all of it.any dealer should know where to go. good luck,-karl-

Reply to
Karl D.

If you had problems with the MAF sensor like having it replaced or so. VW covers that retroactive. My daughter sent in the bill and they refunded all of it.any dealer should know where to go. good luck,-karl-

Reply to
Karl D.

Can you provide some details about this, please?

I just got popped for one of these and whatever illness or disease it "had" must have been contagious, because it infected the combi-valve also! The two of them together was over $1K and I'm still crying.

Please, any details, any details at all. Models, years, colors, political affiliations, blood type, etc.

TIA-trebor

Reply to
trebor4258

Call your dealer and ask about the guidelines for the MAF warranty. I think it's for 99.5 and up with a 7year/70,000mile warranty... and might be the first owner only. As for the MAF making your combi valve go bad? Well that can't be.

Reply to
Woodchuck

Reply to
Rob Guenther

According to the letter I received in 11/03

Warranty Extension WR Mass Air Flow Sensor Warranty Extension for

- 1999-2001 New Golf, New Jetta, New Beetle 2.0L

- 1999-2001 New Beetle and Passat 1.8T

- 1999-2001 New Golf, New Beetle, New Jetta 1.9 TDI

- 1999-2001 New GTI and New Jetta VR6 2.8L

- 1999-2001 New Golf, New Jetta 1.8T

in a nutshell - warranty is 7 years or 70,000 miles (115,000 km)

email me and I'll scan and email the forms to you.

kp_reynoldsAThotmail.com change the obvious to what it should be.

Reply to
NDA

What are the symptoms when one of these fails?

|>I just got popped for one of these and whatever illness or disease it "had" |>must have been contagious, because it infected the combi-valve also! The |>two of them together was over $1K and I'm still crying. |>

|>Please, any details, any details at all. Models, years, colors, political |>affiliations, blood type, etc. |>

|>TIA-trebor |>

|According to the letter I received in 11/03 | |Warranty Extension WR |Mass Air Flow Sensor Warranty Extension for |- 1999-2001 New Golf, New Jetta, New Beetle 2.0L |- 1999-2001 New Beetle and Passat 1.8T |- 1999-2001 New Golf, New Beetle, New Jetta 1.9 TDI |- 1999-2001 New GTI and New Jetta VR6 2.8L |- 1999-2001 New Golf, New Jetta 1.8T | |in a nutshell - warranty is 7 years or 70,000 miles (115,000 km) | |email me and I'll scan and email the forms to you. | |kp_reynoldsAThotmail.com |change the obvious to what it should be.

Rex in Fort Worth

Reply to
Rex B
1- MIL is on 2-runs rough and or stalls when cold start
Reply to
Woodchuck

Reply to
Rob Guenther

EPC light will come on as well

- Peter

Reply to
Pete Cressman

I have been mute on this subject...but come on.....$114 is pocket change....VW stands by their products....they wouldn't be reimbursing you otherwise.

The dealer did not need to do a harness upgrade, as the MAFs are plug 'n play.

- Pete

Reply to
Pete Cressman

It's not Vw you have a beef with, but your dealer for replacing the extra things. And your car may have very well needed them. There's just no FREE ride when it comes to cars, no matter who makes them. Enjoy the 542.

Reply to
Woodchuck

A couple of hundred dollars might seem like pocket change to some. I bought my second VW Jetta back in November of 2003 but did not go back to original dealer because I got screwed out of $200 when signing the paperwork and did not catch it until it was too late. That $200 costed them $2000 later on.

Reply to
Numan

Com on....

I like our VW, it's been a great car - crash wise.... but.....VW does NOT stand by their product. (I've replaced wheel bearings that failed at 50,000 miles and VW wont reimburse me. (Wheel bearings dont fail that often) They stand by their product when overwhelming complaints and failures force them to....witness the coil packs, MAFs, window regulators, coolant loss, etc. Look at all the 2.0l's that burn oil . . . any rate less than 1 qt per 1,000 miles is ok by VW. That is ridiculous. When those engines get up over 150,000 miles, how much oil will they burn? We've got a Saturn SL2 with 135,000 miles that uses 1/2 quart between oil changes every 5,000 miles. VW knew they had engine manufacturing problems and still won't admit it.

Reply to
Dermott