Me and my VWs ...

Anybody here work for VW or a dealer ? Am I crazy or what ?

My wife had a 1985 Jetta. The heater core failed in 1989 and VW repaired it out of warranty.

1985 Jetta motor mounts failed, 105k mi, covered out of warranty. I had a 1991 Acura, radiator cracked out of warranty, replaced free by Acura.

Now, after 4 (FOUR), 3 new,VWs that we have owned collectively they would not replace a blown vacuum hose 1,000 miles out of warranty.

To make it worse, on our current 2002 Passat, they tried hard not to replace a CV boot that was seriously cracked, but had not failed, with 500 miles left on the warranty. After being frustrated by the dealers scripted, emotionless warranty guy I raised my voice. Still no response. I called VWoA, "up to the dealer" Called dealer, up to VWoA, asked for GM who refered me to service head. Finally git them to agree to fix it after threatening to drive a tight full lock circle in front of the dealership, with a sign, until it failed.

VW's customer support has gone down the tubes.

My 2002 Passat warranty issues:

  1. Monsoon radio failed. 5k mi.
  2. Monsoon radio failed. 12 k mi
  3. Sunroof leaked. 18 k mi
  4. Ignition coils replaced 19k mi
  5. Engine overheated at highway speed. Fine at idle. 24k mi First dealer could not find problem (?) 80 miles from home
  6. Five miles later, engine overheated. 24k mi Second dealer located and replaced failed water pump. 70 miles from home.
  7. Water pump leaked, engine overheated. Third dealer fixed leak by tightening bolts.
  8. Loss of coolant Third dealer replaced torn gasket.
9 Bad vacuum hose, 40k miles
  1. Cracked and blown out CV boots. 49,500 miles They tried hard not to replace the one that was severly cracked.
  2. Failed vacuum hose 51,000 miles NOT COVERED !

No Goodwill = NO RETURN BUSINESS.

I have all records to indicate that the car has been properly maintained.

Are you reading this Volkswagen of America ??????? Do you really expect me to buy another car from you ???

Reply to
Steve .

I doubt if VW of America will ever see your post unless you sent a copy of it directly to their corporate headquarters. Even then, unless you send it to the right person, your letter will be ineffective. Whenever I have a similar complaint, I send it directly to the CEO via the USPS using Signature Confirmation.

Reply to
Papa

My experience is that they do not care. I have already written them and they said oh well.

Reply to
Steve .

Who did you send it to?

Reply to
Papa

I opened a case by e-mail. It seems to me that they would not extend any help because the majority of my service has been by an independent mechanic.

Reply to
Steve .

Should be very easy to find. Use Google. That's what I do.

Reply to
Papa