Message no longer avail???????

I seem to be getting the Error "Message no longer avail on the server" a lot lately. Is there something going on with the server?????? About 30-40% of the messages are showing this now.

Craig

Reply to
Craig

No problems here on news.virginmedia.com unless they are stupidly old messages, ie years

Neil

Reply to
Neil

The server? You mean the server you're using, which is almost certainly not the server most of the other people on this group are using.

You'll have to talk to your news provider to find out what's going on.

Reply to
Bert Hyman

OK on Telus.net

Reply to
who

It is a thing called 'retention' and it is likely your own ISP and/or whatever NG service you are using to view them.

(Off the top of my head you might have a local setting that is ignoring posts older than...).

TBerk

Reply to
TBerk