MK 2 A/C and defrost

I just got home in my "new" 91 MK2 GTI and it has air. It seems to work and blow cool air. The belt or something makes a noise so I shut it off. Any ideas on how to fix?

Also, how does the defrost work? I tried it briefly with the former owner and it blew hot air.

Does the AC have to be on to power the defrost (Hot air). Please do not let this be the case.

Now that I am home I can not seem to get any heat.

PS I was hoping to keep the A/C on there if it works and all.

Thanks

Reply to
Craig Cluney