MK II GTI : Neuspeed Sofports with Bilstein HD's or Sports???

How come no one knows the exact answer to this question? It's driving me crazy trying to decide between the two. I'm set on Neuspeed Sofsport's (0.5" drop), but don't know whether I should get Bilstein HD's or Sports. HD's are not meant to be used with lowering springs, but 0.5" is smaller than the 22mm that the Bilstein Sports are shorter than the HD's.

This is what I'm seeing :

1) Using HD's will go against what Bilstein recommends for the shocks (ie "don't use with lowering springs"). 2) Using Sports, I'm running the springs slightly loaded due to the shorter strut shaft.

ANY advice here to ease my pains in choosing which shocks to buy would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks! Z.

Reply to
ZZZ

Jim B.

Reply to
jimbehning

I ran HDs with Sofsports on my old '91 Jetta and LOVED IT. Very controlled handling, obviously a bit firmer than stock but very livable, and still had plenty of travel for those bad midwest roads.

ebayme

Jim B.

Reply to
jimbehning

That's an interesting question. I wonder if anyone bought the TC set yet? If you want to stay stock and cheap, that would be the way to go unless they are not up to par.

Reply to
Peter Parker