mk4 Golf TDi - drivers door - interior light activator switch not working

Just come in, passengers door will operate the interior light, but the drivers door has stopped doing the same. Also, the red light on the interior door panel and the lights on warning buzzer (pretty essential when the dark days will soon be upon us)

I know it's all related to the same thing. I thought in most cars there was a little button, that could possibly be stuck, but I can't find one in this case. OK, it is very dark and I don't have a brilliant torch.

Please - where will I find it

Reply to
Mike NG

I think the switch is contained inside the latch that holds the door shut, rather than a seperate button.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

Many thanks. The oil inside the latch is all coagulated and thick, so it probably wasn't springing up to trigger it.

Reply to
Mike NG

Driver-side door latch module.

Reply to