molding fiberglass

I want to modify my rear panel behind the back seat to a fiberglass shell that can hold one 10" woofer and two 6" mids can any one give me some tips? I have never used fiber glass and don't know where to start.

Reply to
uneekphoto

can you use plywood? Or use thin plywood and cover it with fiberglass. Start with a cardboard pattern first and transfer pattern to the plywood.

have fun!

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

Or, do a two step process.

First make from foam exactly what you want. Make it so the side facing you is as smooth as possible.

Then use this foam to create a mold for the final part.

Finally use the mold to creat the final assembly.

Nice trick on using foam is that you can create compound curves easily (difficult using cardboard pieces).

Regardless of the technique, you will need to do some finishing, and cover it with vinyl or other material.

Reply to
PeterD

or

Baz