Monsoon Stereo Problem

and then SUDDENLY ... the Monsoon stereo in my 2003 Jetta stopped working:

(1) Still powers up and shows signs of activity (i.e., if a CD is in, it shows it is playing the CD and if there isn't a CD it shows the radio on, HOWEVER (2) There is NO sound and, (3) NONE of the buttons work -- can't move to another track, can't switch from CD to FM or AM, can't change stations when CD isn't present, etc.

Anyone else experience similar situation?

Thanks.

Reply to
Legba999

**I've never had any problems yet (2003 Jetta) but I've read that the first and most simple thing to try is to pull the fuse for it. I think it's number 42. However, I don't know if you can just pull it out and plug it back in or if you should leave it out for a certain amount of time. If you search on vwvortex, you should find some threads on it. Seems to be a bit of a common problem. Then again, it could be something else entirely ;)

kaboomie

Reply to
kaboom

warranty time!