My throttle is sticking!!

Hello group

So here I am, driving down the highway at 105 kph, and go to decelerate, and the throttle is stuck in that position. It has happened 3 times now, the temp is about minus 15 C each time. I end up having to shut off the motor. I just cleaned and lubricated the linkage, after the first occurance. All three times I had to manually "unsnap" the linkage. I was not using cruise.

The car is a 1991 Jetta 1.8 I will no longer let my wife drive the car, and the kids dont come in it neither until it is fixed.

One thing comes to mind, when I bought the car, I noticed the area of the spring in the throttle linkage doused in oil. I asked about this, and he said the throttle stuck on his wife once, so he just lubricated it and it never again happened. I dont know what season her incident happened.

Any help or suggestions, please.

Thanks, Jay

Reply to
Jason

Sounds like your car hasn't had the recall done. See

It applies to all CanadianDigifant-injected VWs, which would include yours. Or if it has been done,the fix may not be working correctly.

-Matt

Reply to
Matt B.