Need Driver's Door Latch/Lck on an early 1994 Jetta. Chicago

Dealer told me that these latches/locks are obsolete and he only found 2 in North America. Costs $180+ also.

Does anyone have a good one that they can ship to Chicago?

Are these locks that different on the later models?

BTW it has the Central locking system with alarm and the car was manufactured 10/93.

thanks, dave (One out of many daves)

Reply to
one out of many daves

obsolete... I'm not buying that since I'm sure the same latch was used through 1999. Maybe it's only the dealer who is obsolete? Call another

Reply to
Lost In Space/Woodchuck

Hi LIS/WC, Yeah I was surprise when the parts manager checked it out and told me that it was obsolete. :-(

I would also believe that the early 1994 Jetta should have the same/similar door lock/latch as a 1998 Jetta. I might have thrown away an old defective 1995 Jetta lock/latch that I had replaced years ago. Part # is 1HM 837 015A and fits up to the late 1994 AFAIK. Then the part # for the late 1994 on up to at least 1998 is 1HM 837 015H.

Temporarily I have "fixed" the broken spring inside until I find a new/good one to install.

I will call some of the other parts personnel at different dealerships.

Thanks, dave (> obsolete... I'm not buying that since I'm sure the same latch was used

Reply to
one out of many daves