need info on old golf/rabbit stock systems

I want get an early VW rabbit to restore. I am looking for a website that will tell me engine, fuel system, ignition etc that came stock on these old cars. Basically, the specifications for the old rabbits. Can someone give me a link where I can find this info?

Thanks. Bill S.

Reply to
Mr. Correct

I'd recommend definitely getting a Bentley manual for your car; it will be of tremendous help. One place to obtain this manual is at

Simplstupd

Bentleys can be had from a number of places, including your local used books stores and

and other online paces.

There is also the Haynes manual, forgo the Chilton though, unless you want to chock the wheels.

btw- Google is your friend: also try

That should get you started. For extra credit Google: Jan FAQ VW

TBerk