Need older WC VW for puttering around..help

Sorry to come to this board with my plea but I have looked elsewhere until now and had no luck. I am looking for a rabbit/golf/jetta just about any 80's VW that is cheap but runs. I have mechanical ability to fix most things on a car but the problem is finding one that I can put some time/money into but still be able to drive it. I am in graduate school and don't have unlimited fund to go buy that new TDI down the block. ;) If anyone has an old VW sitting around that they would like to part with, please let me know the details. I am in the Chicago/Indiana/Michigan area. Email me at snipped-for-privacy@SPAMyahoo.com Thanks. Pierce

Reply to
runbird

I have a 1988 Jetta Carat...but I am in Toronto, Ontario.....

- Peter

Reply to
Peter Cressman

Did you try your plea on

Lots of people selling vw's there.

Reply to
Ziggy

Got an '84 'roccet that would make a nice project for someone but I'm in Maryland near DC...

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Buy a copy of the latest Hemmings Motor News. This has ads from folks with this and all kinds of other older cars.

Reply to
Ken Sternberg