new Diesel engine in mk2 golf needed, what will fit?

Can any please help me? I have a much loved Vw mk2 Golf Diesel, the engine has decided to retire, so i want to put a new engine in her. What engine can she be replaced with? Would a TD engine from a mk3/mk4 go straight in, what about a seat or a skoda engine? Anyone with any info please, please help me as my pride and joy is looking very unhappy not being used. Regards Siany xxx

Reply to
siansmuppet

none2u

Mk3 1.9 TDs should also fit as well.