New tires on 88 Fox front light as feather.

I replaced the tires on 88 Fox it seems the car runs better and faster with the tires. the only thing my steering became so light that on the freeway with a wind blowing I can feel the front seems to lift??and car sways lichtly!! anybody idea?? thanks moony

Reply to
Lambert Moonen

How are the struts and shocks? Did you get skinnier tires?

later, dave (One out of many daves)

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

And what about tyre pressure?

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

tire pressure is a good suggestion...make sure it's not too high however i have noticed with new tires that they usually tend to feel "slippier" for a short while until they break in, including lighter steering.

Reply to
Matt B.

probably just the newness of the tyres. check the pressure and take it steady until they've worn in a bit...

Reply to
Nathan Lucas