New Vw technical forums

Hosted by a certified, factory trained Vw technician. Please excuse the spam, and visit

Good day,

Reply to
VeeDubTek

Harrumph. Scirocco relegated to Other Dubs.

TBerk

I second that Harrumph. This is nothing but a sad, sad imitation of

Don't waste your time, this
seems to merely be a way for the administrator to generate some business for himself. I looked at one discussion where the poster was giving clear symptoms of bad motor mounts, but the administrator/tech tells him to check spark plugs and wires. When the poster said that wires and plugs were nearly new the diagnosis switched to vacuum leak. Oh boy, stay away from this site. wes

Reply to
wes schreiner

hehe....thats quite an interesting theory you have there Wes. Firstly, show me one spot anywhere that I am generating business for anyone. And then, come challenge me son. Prove me wrong. You can't, hence the reason you kept your mouth shut over there. Didn't your momma ever teach you what to say if you had nothing nice in there? This is a site for good, honest advice, and no more. There isn't a rocco forum, because there is no rocco owners there at the moment. People don't want a huge list of forums, 1/2 of which remain inactive. If we get a few rocco guys on board, there will be a rocco forum.

My site is for honest dubbers who want to know how to fix their car RIGHT. If that isn't you, then why waste your time writing negative about it? Are you really that jealous?

Heh....kids these days, I tell ya.

Reply to
VeeDubTek

Sorry T, there just hasn't been enough Rocco interest to demand it's own forum. Once we get a few Rocco owners on board, I'd be happy to add one. Kinda pointless to set up a forum for each and every dub made, and leave half of them empty, as they will stay and just be an eyesore for everyone else.

Wes, interesting theory you've come up with there. Since you know so much, why not put that knowledge to good use and correct info you believe to be false? In my defense, let's point out that the case in question was complaining about a vibration at idle, correct? I'm going to take a stab in the dark here and guess maybe you've had this problem once before, and motor mounts were your cure? Let's examine it another way, shall we? Maybe that didn't in fact cure the problem at all, and was just a band-aid fix, because you could no longer feel it with new mounts. And, a final way. My way. You may've have seen one car this fixed it on, sure. I have worked on 1000's of Vw's. Go find 100 dubs that have a vibration at idle and diagnose them all. 9 out of 10 will be poorly tuned, or broken vacuum hoses. When I recommend something, it's the most likely cause. Not usually "What could possibly happen under the right circumstances". Noone can 100% diagnose a car sight unseen, and anyone who thinks they can is foolish. But, I'd be willing to bet I'm right at least 90% of the time, and the majority of the members on dub-tech, vortex, ohiovw, newbeetle.org, jettaowners.com, etc...can vouch for that.

As a final note, please show me where I'm promoting a business. I'm dying to know. Hell, I don't even have a business. I'm just a dealer tech infatuated with his job and hobby, and try to use my advantages to help others. If you can't appreciate that, please keep your negative comments to yourself.

Good day,

Reply to
VeeDubTek

And it all comes down to the owner of the car PROVIDING all the information and facts before a proper diagnosis can be made!

1- state the problem 2-when the problem happens 3-under what conditions 4-weather & temperature 5-what was done already before "we" get the car.

Nothing like getting a car after PepBoys rapped the owner and it's still not fixed. Not only is the owner P'ed off he has no more money to get the car fixed correctly.

Reply to
Woodchuck