No door locking beep after new factory CD player

Hello

I bought myself an in dash VW CD player yesterday, as my 99.5 TDI GLS Golf only came with the tape deck radio. The single disk unit works great, and sounds awesome, but now my alarm doesn't make any noise when I lock my doors... I have been having some issues where it doesn't want to come on, and I have to slam the trunk shut to get the sound back... but I can't get it back at all anymore, and it stopped working right after I installed the CD player.

Any suggestions?

Reply to
Rob Guenther

Check that the brown/red wire in plug T8 pin #1 in the original radio plug isn't connected to anything as this is the alarm wire. As for your trunk there is a microswitch. I think on the latch.

Reply to
Woodchuck

Reply to
Rob Guenther

Rob...

E-Mail me...

- Pete

Reply to
Pete Cressman

Shortly after we bought our 02 Jetta we had problems with the alarm going off as well as the "no beep" when locking. It turned out that there was something loose in the radio connection. Ours was handled under warranty, so I don't really know what they did, but it sure sounds like you have the same type of problem.

Reply to
Tony Bad

Reply to
Rob Guenther