noise in 90 jetta

I have a noise ( clicking ) in 1990 jetta it sounds like its coming from around the transaxle. It doesn't sound like a valve or piston & I don't think its coming from heat shield It doesn't start till the car is running for a while. 1 of the motor mounts is getting bad as motor moves a little when shifting between park ,drive & reverse . TIA Geoff

Reply to
geoff

Without hearing it, I would guess it may be a heat shield.

As for the motor mount, I strongly suggest you get it fixed As Soon As Possible as it may well end up damaging other parts and running up the repair cost a great deal.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan