Not happy with VW 2.0L 8v

What should I do... I've got my hands on a 1997 Jetta GT with the 2.0L 8v

115HP engine, done the exhaust, done the chip, done the headers and intake. Still not quite happy with the power I get from it... I'm looking for suggestions as to where I should go to get more power...

- I've looked at 1.8T engine (heard reliability problems) But 150HP-180HP sounds quite nice, then there's tunning after.

- I've though about the Neuspeed or other Superchargers. Rather expensive for the gain, and my engine has got 175,000 on it already, don't wanna blow what I don't have.

- There's the option of the VR6, but then with it comes a more unbalanced car, a need for another sports suspension kit, which I've already changed twice to find the one I'm happy with.

- I've read about using the old 1.8L head on the 2.0L bottom end to get to around 140HP but it seems odd to be putting old parts in a newer car.

- Turbos are a fun option, but complicated and again the motor may not take well to it. Any input would be apreciated as the car will be going for it's tunning durring the winter while I drive around in a nice A4 1.8T Quattro for the winter in the hopes of getting back a Jetta with more fun...

Reply to
Absolute Xaero

Here's some input, stop posting useless blather. Drive your 1997 Jetta into the crusher and then you can recover the scrap value.

Reply to
Bob F.

My suggestion would be to dump the 97 for as much money as its worth, and drive the 1.8T Audi all year round. With a modest chip upgrade, you'll get close to 200HP,

Reply to
AudiAvant

If you have an Audi 1.8T Quattro for the winter, why not use it during the summer? It is a far better car then the Jetta... with more power to solve your problem. If you are worried about KMs, a colleague of mine drives a

Reply to
Rob Guenther