OIl light going round corners.

I have noticed in the past two weeks, while driving round sharp prolonged left hand bends, that the oil light briefly comes on, and if the radio is on I hear a dodgy buzzing noise from the front right speaker. The light goes off as soon as I start to straighten out. The light doesn't come on if I turn the wheel all the way to the left say for parking etc.

Its a '89 polo ranger. Any ideas what it could be? Its only recently started doing it, it has a bad habit of cutting out on me generaly when driving at any speed, temperature, inclination etc for a while but i don;t think the two are related.

Rach

Reply to
thee_psycho

Check your oil level? I used to use that to gauge when to add oil, because my car had a bit of a leak.

Reply to
Johann Koenig

It sounds to me you should be checking your oil level most often.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Forgot to say all fluid levels in the car are fine.

Reply to
thee_psycho

Then the next step is to make sure there wires to the sensor have sufficient slack and are properly connected.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Um, that's really not a good way to treat your car. For shame.

Ok, ok, I admit it! I've done the same thing...

Reply to
Eric Bateman

when this happened in my 92 jetta it was the oil pressure switch. going around sharp turns the pressure would drop. from what my mechanic said in my year car they didn't put a very good switch in. he replaced it about 6 years ago and i haven't had a problem since.

Reply to
Archangel