Oil pression/temperature signal

Hi,

I own a 92 VW cabriolet. I bought the car few months ago, and I already changed the head gasket because I was loosing coolant. I replaced the gasket with a new one, I set the timing correctly using a timing light, and the coolant temperature gauge indicates that the temperature is low (the needle always stays before the LED and the LED doesn't flash). However, after 20 miles on the highway, running at

70mph on cruise control (3500 RPM), I got a signal (noise) concerning the oil pressure and/or temperature, with the oil LED flashing.

Does someone have a clue of what that would mean? Would it be the oil cooler? The oil pump? Is the engine finish dead? Someone have got this problem before ?

Thanks,

Julian

Reply to
pruszkow

Maybe you forgot to connect the second oil pressure switch. There's one on the cyl. head and one on the filter housing.

SFC\

schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@f24g2000prh.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
SFC

Could be an oil sensor. It could be an oil pump. It could be that heavier oil could work around the problem.

Reply to
Tom's VR6

don't guess, do an oil pressure test per repair manual!

Reply to
Lost In Space/Woodchuck