oil pressure warning buzzer 90 golf

Hi there, I'm just wondering, as I've been having my oil pressure warning buzzer come on intermittently in my 90 auto golf, is the control unit for it in the instrument cluster? So if I just swapped out the cluster with another one I have and it didn't come on anymore would that potentially solve the problem? I've already upped my oil grade from 10w30 to 20w50 for the summer. I don't have a pressure gauge otherwise I'd check it. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-Dru

Reply to
DruG

As you know, the buzzer is telling you that the engine has low oil pressure. Hopefully that is a false signal, and may be because of a defective oil pressure sender. However, if it is not then your engine could freeze up - requiring an engine replacement.

Have you tried the VWVortex forums? Those forums are filled with technical discussions on just about every subject, including the subject of oil pressure - and one of the forums is for the Golf. The link to the VWVortex forums is

Papa