Online parts sources (for replacement parts)

I've got quite a few parts suppliers in my bookmarks, but I'd love to know if there are some good ones that I'm missing. Here are the main ones I look to for parts:

($15 minimum order)

Really, that's about it. There are others, but their prices aren't usually very competitive in my experience. I've only used Rockauto.com so far, and been very satisfied. If you can find the factory PN, a search there will often find what you want.

I'd also like to know of any suppliers of aftermarket parts for my A2 Jetta - things like round headlight conversions/grills, sport suspensions, etc. I know about Techtonics Tuning, what else is out there?

Thanks, Chub

Reply to
Chubster

I forgot to include a great one:

Chubster

Part of it depends on what you are looking for. ;-) To name a few which might apply to your second generation VW Jetta. tirerack.com for tires and wheels and other things

(chips, exhaust, and more)
(canada used parts will ship to the USA)
(rents front wheel bearing tool)

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

Techtonic, Eurosport, and Autotech Sport Tuning are all big names in VW aftermarket.

In terms of parts places (besides the typical worldpac dealers), you can try

and
I've dealt with both of these guys (the former is actually local to me) and they are good guys and VW knowledgable (much like Adirondack and Virtual Worlds). Quality VW Parts is run by the guy who used to make the 6-speed 020 tranny conversions (Vince L something) and when it comes to VW transmissions, he's probably one of the most knowledgable people in the country. Last I checked he sold a whole host of other stuff, but his website now seems to be just transmissions, it might be worth giving him a call.

Reply to
<no

Reply to
None4You