OT: XM radio

I would like to change out the Monsoon in my 02 GTI for a XM radio. Has anyone made this conversion yet? Any suggestions or brand/model recommendations. Will I need to remount the antenna? thanks

Reply to
MatMite

lcopps

Cant tell you about the radio part if it will fit but from what i know about them XM radio will come with a antena and i think it will be extra from the am,fm ant . Me personaly i have a XM

) radio but is with an adapter for the cassete plyr (Delphi SKYFi XM Radio ) and the other ones i have seen have an fm modulator that conect to the antena cable behind the radio and come out thru the last fm station on the radio. about brands at least from radios there is plenty to chose from now and one might be the same size u need for u GTI and it wuld be like just getting an radio upgrade with not much else aded to it. About the XM part beware there are 2 diferent ones out there you have the XM and serious i think is the name of the other , they both ofer

100 chanels but one cost $9.99 a month(XM) and the other $12.99 a month chrged bot in 3 months intervals and there is not much diference betwen the stations you get because they have prety much the same, but the only one i can talk about is the XM because its the one i have right now.

for info go here

For Radios

also they can tell you if they fit your car or not

h>I would like to change out the Monsoon in my 02 GTI for a XM radio. Has anyone

Reply to
spawn