part needed: selector lever

I need the 5 speed transmission linkage that will fit an 82 rabbit pickup. I put a five speed in it a year ago and still havent really finished the job. It shifts like crap now. You know where I could find one? I have exhausted my sources. Thanks.

Reply to
Thater

You should be able to find one at a junkyard, try

tosearch, or get the 4-5 speed conversion part fromVW, shown in the diagram at:
If that doesn't work, if you could measure the center-center spacing of the clamp to the ball stud, it should be easy to make a bolt-on extension for the 4-speed selector lever to make it the proper length for a 5-speed.

Reply to
Roger Brown