Passat 1.9 TDI Temperature reading problem

Hi,

I got 1.9 TDI 130 Sport passat on 51-Reg. It's a manual 6 speed with

90K on the clock with a FSH.

Temperature reading on the dash started to go funny a few weeks ago. Only seems to affect it when the car has reached running temperature.

The needle will go to 50 (i.e. cold) then shoot back to 90. So I changed the temp sensor which I believe is a common fault on some vw. A few days later and it started to do the same thing again. Spoke to vw and they said it could be a faulty sensor so they replaced it and it's still doing the same thing.

Apart from getting it booked into getting checked by vw I don't know what else to do.

Does it affect anything adversely if you drive the car with the temp sensor reading in-correctly intermittently?

Appreciate anyone's help/input on this one.

Regards Abid

Reply to
ahussain55

Could be a wiring fault or a faulty guage. Sounds like its just losing the input current from the sensor momentarily.

I.

Reply to
Iain Miller