Passat 2000 1.8T Knock Sensors

Getting OBD code:

16716 - Knock Sensor 2 (G66): Signal too Low P0332 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

Is this front or rear sensor? Also, anyone know whether blue or green?

I can't find the plugs without taking it apart.

I guess there are two P/N for these by color of plug. Blue 054 905 377 Green 054 905 377 A

Any tips on installation would be appreciated.

Reply to
Andrew Eckhardt

I see that the rear sensor is the blue one, and the hardest to reach, since it is almost under the oil pump !

Still don't know whether the code is for front or rear, so cleared the code and now will leave the rear unplugged for awhile. Found plugs under the coolant reservoir.

Reply to
Andrew Eckhardt

you might be able to loosen and retorque the knock sensors. might fix your problem. ;-) at least it should be a "cheap" fix! lol

Reply to
One out of many Daves