Passat 2004 1.8t Engine vibration

I have replaced my 1999 passat 1,8t wagon in November 2003 by a brand new

2004 passat 1,8t wagon. I have loved my 1999 despite they had to change front suspension parts 13 times in the last 4 years.

With my 2004, I have severe/unpleasant engine vibration from 60km/h up to

150 km/h since the car is new. It does create a 800hz vibration in the steering weel, the door, floor, gas pedal, clutch pedal as well as in the shifter. Highway traveling is very anoying.

- Tires got ballanced 5 times by 3 differents garage.

- VW dealer has replaced 3 rims.

- They then suggested me to replace the Continental tires by Michelin MXV4 at my own expense (750.00 Can$).

- I did it.

- VW dealer have then tried to unmount / remount the front sub-frame.

I have reached 13,000km and 6 months and the dealer has kind of gived up ! VW Canada does not shown much interest to solve the problem.

Recent test drive of others 2004 passat (sedan and wagon) having 5,000km and more have demontrated signs of the same problem.

I can live with such a problem !

Legal procedure via PAVAC or consumer protection group is slow and very time consuming .

As a responsible father, my immediate and likely only satifaction is to inform as much as possible other car seekers/buyers not to fall in the same trap.

Any information on that ? mail to frengilATinfonetDOTca

TKS

Reply to
Frenette Gilles_Hamel Guylaine