Passat 95 tires/wheels

Thinking of changing from 215/50/HR15 to a 205/55/HR16 tires/wheels on this

95' Passat GLX VR6 wagon (5-speed Manual). The car has 50K miles and is used only for long distance trips at speeds between 70-85 MPH. I know that the new diameter is about 6% larger than stock, and the speedometer reading would be less than true; this will help at high speeds. My questions, to those with experience, are how much it affects acceleration from stop and if there is an interference with the wheel well.
Reply to
Tony