passat bluetooth

I have a 2009 Passat it has the phone button on steering wheel and the radio appears to have BT setup on off etc what do I need to get Bluetooth for my phone etc. is there a box I need to have fitted somewhere.

thanks in advance

Reply to
nemo

On Sun, 12 Dec 2010 11:26:53 -0000, nemo postulated:

umm... You need a phone with bluetooth already on the thing. Or in it, actually. Check your phone specs at the manufacturers website. If you're intending to get your paws on a bluetooth phone so you can use your opposable thumb(s) in the casr to make phone calls, the higher the number of the Bluetooth "Marque" the better, BTW, since the feature set of the bluetooth you probably need is "Handsfree", rather than "Headset"..

Reply to
Toby Ponsenby

If it is similar to my 2009 Tiguan, the dealer must install the necessary parts. The vehicle comes "prewired" for handsfree bluetooth operation but not with the necessary parts! The cost is astronomical (and disappointing), so I bought a small handsfree that clips on the sunvisor.

Stuart H.

Reply to
Stuart H.