passenger side mirror for Rabbit

I have a 1980 Rabbit (Westmoreland - American), and have for quite some time been trying to find a suitable passenger side mirror for the vehicle. I did find one some years ago, but this ~$10 mirror was fairly small and would also fold up on the highway or against headwinds, requiring frequent readjustment :-(. The pivot that held the mirror in position was not strong enough to hold the mirror in place against the wind. I basically destroyed the mirror trying to take it apart and tighten it.

My driver's side mirror has the glass panel inside a solid non-movable shell, and is adjustable from inside the car. I have two mounting holes on my passenger-side door, but no third larger hole for an adjustment cable. But if I could find a passenger-side mirror like my driver's side mirror, I could probably remove any cable.

Or are there better, more robust mirrors with the same arrangement that I had.

Any suggestions?

A passenger-side mirror certainly makes it easier to parallel park and do other manuevers where you can't see that side well.

Thanks, Chuck

Reply to
Chuck

[...]

dave AKA vwdoc1

I think I have a pair of the mirrors in the basement. One from a GTI and another from a Gl or whatever they called the deluxe Rabbits back then. These would be the ones that have a joystick inside the car. Make me an offer I cannot refuse if you want to buy them.

Those basic mirrors have a screw >I have a 1980 Rabbit (Westmoreland - American), and have for quite

Reply to
Jim Behning