passet water leak

i have a 2000 passet turbo sport that has devloped a water leak underneath, not sure where it's coming from, coolent level has'nt droped slight drops around the front of the car where the air filter is any ideas please .thank you

Reply to
roy greenaway

The radiators all start to leak eventually. Look for pink residue from the G12, but you will probably need to strip it to see. Easy DIY job. Radiator is about £80 from GSF and you will need 3 litres of G12(a). Rgds Alec

Reply to
Alec

"Alec" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@pipex.net:

Radiator leak on a 5y/o car? I think I'd check around hoses and clamps, and the water pump itself. I just had the water pump replaced on a 2000 Passat V6 with 80K miles. Does the water pump have a gasket?

Reply to
MikeK

I have replaced the rad on my '98 A4 and '99 Passat in the last 6 months. Both are high-milers and started losing small quantities of coolant, measurable over 2 or 3 weeks. It's the metal/plastic joint that fails at the sides. Rgds

Reply to
Alec

It could just be condensation water from the A/C, which is normal.

Reply to
Papa

Yep, I had to replace the rad on my 98 Passat at 68 K miles....leak between the core & the header on the air filter side - only found it when I was doing my timing belt. Never saw any leaking fluid - just a "pepto bismol" stain down the side of the rad.

I.

Reply to
Iain Miller