PCV Valve for 1976 Rabbit

The original crankcase ventilation for the Rabbits used a restrictor in the hose from the camcover to the carburetor intake. As a later "upgrade", a PCV valve was retrofitted into the ventilation line (this is all detailed in the Bentley manual).

I have one of the PCV valves on my 1976 Rabbit, but it has a leak that drips oil all over my engine. So I want to replace it.

Unfortunately, since this wasn't a stock part, none of the autopart stores have any idea what I'm talking about.

I've tried looking for a "generic" PCV valve, or one from another vehicle that would work, but everything I have seen seems to be designed to plug right into the valve cover. I need a PCV valve that has a hose connector on each end.

Any recommendations?

Thanks,

Anthony

Reply to