Pedal assembly

I recently purchased an 89 Cabrio, love the car but have a question. The clutch pedal seems to be set in farther than the brake pedal and I am wondering if there is a plate that holds the pedals and is possibly cracked? I had this issue in an older Jetta(85 I think) and had to have this repaired. The clutch seems to work fine but I would like the pedals to be at the same height. If this is the problem, what is the part called?

Thanks, Kerwin

Reply to
kerwinq

I think it is called a "brake pedal / clutch pedal cluster", but to be sure, just call the parts department of your local VW dealer. They should be able to give you the correct nomenclature and a part number.

Reply to
Papa

It might be adjustable if its anything like the design in my wife's 98 Audi A4. The clutch pedal should always be a touch lower than the brake (at least that's what feels right to me).

I.

Reply to
Iain Miller