PhatNoise playlist, random play

Hi there,

I am considering the Phatnoise system for my Passat. I think I get how it works and how you navigate through your content in the car.

What are the options for playing the content in the car ?

- can I prepare a playlist (on the PC) and have the system go through it ?

- is random/shuffle play supported ? If so, how do you set the scope of the random/shuffle fucntion (to be only the current folder, or the current playlist, or the current genre, or the entire library, etc) ? Thx in advance,

Fabriceh

Reply to
Fabriceh

Yes to the first question, the phatbox comes with software for ripping CDs to mp3s and for creating playlists. You can set up as many playlists as you'd like and select the playlist to listen to ... you can also browse/play by artist, you can browse/play by album, you can browse/play by genre.

The random (mix) feature plays tracks at random from the entire collection, I haven't found any other possibility (although the phatbox.ini can be edited and there is a line in there about random play ... but I haven't deciphered or edited that portion of the .ini file ... yet).

Reply to
Erik Dillenkofer

Fabriceh wrote: : What are the options for playing the content in the car ? : - can I prepare a playlist (on the PC) and have the system go through : it ?

yes. You can have as many playlists as you want.

: - is random/shuffle play supported ? If so, how do you set the scope of : the random/shuffle fucntion (to be only the current folder, or the : current playlist, or the current genre, or the entire library, etc) ?

You can randomize either the entire magazine, or whatever list you are currently in, which can include genres.

You can also set a flag on each playlist for whether you want it included in the magazine random.

Reply to
TREE