Phoenix Systems Brake Bleeders ?

Has anyone used these on dubs? They say this system is OK for ABS.

Opinions?

from their site:

#4. Will the RFI® technique cause contamination or damage to my ABS system?

NO! When operated properly, with slow easy strokes, the Phoenix Injector® will produce less than 10 PSI throughout the brake system. This is an action/pressure cycle similar to removing one?s foot from the brake pedal. Under these circumstances the ABS system will not be compromised.

NOTE: RFI® is a bleeding technique, not a flushing technique. Bleeding is an attempt to get any trapped air out of the brake system, while flushing is changing old brake fluid to new brake fluid. Refrain from using terms such as "reverse flushing" or "back flushing". These methods are not, and never have been, recommended techniques. Phoenix Systems strictly recommends thoroughly flushing contaminated systems of all old fluid before performing RFI® bleeding on brake and ABS systems.

Reply to
Gen Buck Turgidson

I bought one and have used it on my 90 GLI. I'm unimpressed by the results, but I think the pedal feel may just be not so good on the car so that may not be fair. Theoretically, I think the technique they advocate is a good one. The calipers are lower than master cylinder so it makes sense you want to evacuate air upward, not try to push fluid downward. However, it seems expensive for the what you get, and I have doubts about how well this technique works because I know air sometimes enters around the threads of the bleed screw. Also, the lines are not monotonically going upward, so I fear you could have air traps in there that can't be cleared by a couple quick pumps.

I think over all, you are probably better of pressure flushing the system. It's also worth pointing out that if you are sure the fluid has been flushed thoroughly, you could always try running your pressure bleeder backward. To push fluid and air upward (only do that if you are sure your fluid is clean or you could start throwing dirt/rust/water/crap into your expensive ABS equipment).

I hope your keep you experience Purity Of Brake Fluid...

Reply to
Fake

Thanks for the feedback!

I was getting p/o'd at my Motive cuz the tubing kinks and then cracks.

They now have one with a swivel joint to prevent that. I'll go with it.

Reply to
Gen Buck Turgidson