Pile of grease

White 02 Passat 1.8T

I got home today and noticed a greenish color grease down the drivers side of the car and under the front fender well. It appears that I drove over a pile of grease somewhere. My question is there any grease that may have come from the car itself? Are there any large amounts of grease in the suspension or drive train that could have caused this??

TIA... Tim Burr

Reply to
Tim Burr

Driveshaft CV joint boot damaged?

Reply to
Homer

CV joint boot failure...if it is indeed that, then the joint wont be far behind unless you get it taken care of ASAP

Reply to
Biz

Reply to
Dominic Ostrowski

Thanks Guys!! Pulled the wheel and Thankfully there was no grease on the back of the rim or CV boot. I really must have ran over a pile of grease somewhere. We did drop my wife's car off at the Midas shop, maybe that's where I ran over it... Thanks again for your input!!

TBurr

Dom> Check the CV boot of course - and look at the inside of the wheel hub,

Reply to
Tim Burr